The old school on Schoolhouse Hill, around 1892 or 1893. The people are identified below.
Around the turn of the century, when the new (current) schoolhouse opened, this building was converted to a store, and it probably also contained the local telephone switchboard since another photo calls it the "Telephone Office." It is currently the residence of Malcolm Donald.
The accompanying note from Eugene Vance:
This picture was found behind the eaves of an upstairs closet where it had no doubt accidentally fallen many decades ago. Our house was formerly owned by Eber Spurling. The names of the people are written (in good handwriting!) by pencil, as follows, on the back of the picture frame. It would be interesting if those with local knowledge could calculate the approximate year of this photograph, and recall the married names of the girls and young women in the picture.
NOTE: We can date this photo to about 1892 or 1893 because Addie (Stanley) Duren, circled in red, was born in 1886 and appears about 6 or 7 years old in the photo.